Thursday, June 7, 2018

Fun with fake logos!

This was a fun side personal project I did for a fake karaoke feud. A local friend hosted karaoke in a small town and I was the "big city" bad guy. So I created a fake karaoke brand and logo and even did a t-shirt run.

First up is the main karaoke logo:

I wanted this to be a typical and cheesy looking logo and it even features the Atlanta skyline. All of this was done in Flash.



Second is the fake hipster bar where I hosted:

A fictional bar located in O4W in Atlanta called the Beard and Sailor. I designed this with the most cliche looking hipster design that is seen everywhere. The beard and sailing wheel were free to use vector clip art. Again, designed in Flash.


Up next, the fictional brewing company:


The Yanes Brewing company. I think I used some brewery name generator for the name. The signature brew was definitely generated to have the most hipster sounding beer imaginable: The Saffron-infused Saddle Sore American Lager.
The logo was designed in Flash and I wanted that generic coaster looking type of look.


Lastly, and the logo I'm most proud of:



The "official" organization that sanctioned my karaoke: The Nippon Karaoke League. Located in Japan - the origin of karaoke. Having this seal of approval means my fake karaoke was legit. This one I had a lot of fun with. I wanted that Japanese company look but with the weird cuteness often found in Japanese logos. A smiling microphone over the Japanese sun. This was so popular, people wanted shirts with just this logo. Seen below is the shirt logo with the name of the League above it:


Again, design in Flash.

Here are the shirt proofs for the t-shirt runs I did:

The main Big City shirt with all of the sponsors and official sanctioning logo. I wanted it to look like those running shirts with logos covering the shirt in a really tacky way.

And the NKL shirt:



No comments:

Post a Comment